If you’ve been teaching with the Blackboard LMS for any length of time, you will know how annoying it can be to find your courses quickly when you take a look at your “My Courses” module upon logging in. Finding your current semester course can be like a game of Where’s Waldo if you aren’t careful.
It doesn’t have to be that way! Did you know that you can streamline the “My Courses” module by sorting how the courses are arranged and limiting the amount of courses that are displayed?
Getting to the Personalize: My Courses page:
- Place your mouse over the top right hand corner of the My Courses module header and click the gear that appears.
You will be able to change the following options to streamline how your My Courses module appears:
- Group By Term: Selecting this will allow you to organize your courses by term.
- Show Term: Selecting this checkbox will show the term.
- Expand Term: Selecting this checkbox will expand the term when displayed (Note: in the image below Summer 1 2016 S1 Online is checked and No Term Assigned is not.
- Reorder: Click the icon to reorder your courses. Drag the icon to bring your courses to their new spot.
- Course Name: Deselecting this checkbox will hide the course.
- Course ID: This checkbox (when selected) allows for the display of the Course ID before the course name.
- Instructors: This checkbox (when selected) will display all of the instructors for the course.
- Announcements: This checkbox (when selected) will show course-specific announcements below the course name.
- Tasks: When this checkbox is selected, course-specific tasks will appear below the course name.
My Courses (Customized) Preview
*Note: You can also link to courses you teach in other Learning Management Systems by placing the Course Name and URL in the Course # Name and URL boxes that display at the bottom of the Personalize: My Courses page.