7/21 @ 10:45am
Recent Updates & Roadmap
Ally has had 36 product release in just under a year.
Also announcing 5 new major feature additions today/very soon.
Recent additions Reporting
- usage tab in institutional reporting (student usage) break down alternative format usage, downloads, courses, distribution. instructors, how many fixes, how often feedback was opened..over time.
- Data is all available in BbData
- LTI tab – Feature Flags (to release new functionality when we want) eg. translated version alternative format.
- Dedicated integration with eesysoft (enable flag to capture ally data for eesysoft)
Recent Additions for Instructors
- improved integration for ultra experience courses
- feedback flows:
- PDF’s without title
- course accessibility report (gives instructor summary at course level)
Recent Additions for Student Facing
- New alternative formats (BeeLine reader, Translated Version)
- Alternative formats have become more prominent in UI
- Beeline Reader – Technology developed for speed reading purposes works with with Dyslexia and ADHD students (uses color gradient to guide eye through text)
Announcements – New for Ally!
- Reporting at Departmental Level launching in next few weeks (based on institutional hierarchy) Adds an additional directory tab to institutional report. Can be configured to be available to departmental administrators. (requires latest version of learn SaaS)
- Ally launched in Arabic even for Alternative Formats
- Ally Alternative Formats soon to be available for content created within the LMS (Original and Ultra)
- WYSIWYG Feedback – coming in future
– provide instructor feedback for WYSIWYG content
– Feedback directly embedded in content editor
– live score while editign
– highlights within the editor
- Future (Expand accessibility checklist
-support for excel
– text spacing, line spacing
- Support for Audio/Video content (future)
– add support for additional types for video/audio sources
– tools for instructor to provide captioning
– integrated with 3rd party
- improved audio alternative formats (future)
– for documents over 100k characters
– Option to highlight text with audio alternative format
- Crowdource Remediation (forward looking)
– duplicative manual remediation across insitutions
– ally can facilitate re-use remediation by suggesting improvements elsewhere
Ally for Websites
– check content for issues
– alternative format
Define domain/subdomains you want to track over time.
- Checking for broken links (get a list)
- Report for each domain or overall report
- Launch feedback component from report
Leave a Reply