David Hastie Sr. Dir. Product Management
Carl Marrelli Sr. Product Manager
**Some these are forward thinking statement and may or may not end up being in the final product.
Collaborate Ultra has been out for a couple of months and the initial feedback has been super positive!
3 objectives in Collaborate redesign:
- Simple – easy entry into sessions, browser based, sleek intuitive interface
- Modern – Cutting edge media technology, accessible, Mobile
- Focused – Designed for education, varied instructional strategies/methods, Deeply integrated with the LMS
Highest level of quality and innovation – enhancements andmaintenance more quickly released with zero downtime
- HD Video & Audio Puts you right in the Center
- A world class user experience to encourage use
- Supporting Asynchronous learning models, native mp4 recording and playback
- Web-Based – get started immediately no need for java or downloading launchers.
Available no in all regions and in 26 languages. Application is responsive adjusts based upon the format of device that you are viewing it on! Also adaptive based on type of content.
Current use Cases:
- office hours
- group collaboration
- teaching & learning
Learn 9.1 – If you use you can use new Collaborate Ultra with B2. New Collaborate B2 Supports session in old and new collaborate experience. Allows for piloting while still using old system.
Chat panels pop out when in use!
Sharing file interface is simple and easy to add and annotate! Several annotation tools with several colors. Either on top of images or files like powerpoint, pdf, jpg. Sharing Browser instances as well. Things you share are easily identifiable.
Records whatever is being actively shared + Audio. Conference members can live-caption or translate a session!
Mobile: Collaborate is directly integrated into Bb Student. Is currently in Beta. Should be available soon.
Collaborate functionality allows for students to be presenters. Moderator can make student presenters as well! Application sharing is so much better. Moderators can easily stop student sharing.
If you need the alternative to be better than the status quo from the start, you’ll never begin!
- Mobile experience
- Feedback Mechanism
- Breakout Rooms
- Phone Conferencing – telephony integration
- Moodlerooms Integration