Unveiling Blackboard’s Latest Developments Ballroom 3:30 – 5pm
- Your Needs challenges and opportunities
- Uniquely addressing needs
- Committement to fundamentals
k12 – engaging families to improve student achievement, different funding models
higher ed – enrollment, retention, ROI, post traditional learner
corporate – addressing skills gap
all of these are different and unique..needs are evolving and changing over time.
Blackboard addressing uniquely – Helping Students Succeed
- Deliver thoughtful and relavent info across portfolio
- Breadth and broad reach of portfolio 19k customers, 100 million users, 100 countries
- Deep insights about world of learner – listening to you, looking at datasets, understanding our users, convert insights into innovations
New Products – Blackboard Planner, Blackboard Advise, Blackboard Predict
Investing 350million dollars into innovation of core teaching and learning products and rest of Blackboard’s Portfolio.
Commitment to Fundamentals
- Develop and Deliver – established total transparency from scrum teams to Board of Directors (visibility into product development activities), consolidation of strategy, marketing.
- Support Customers – (operational excellence and improving customer experience).
- Innovate – investing in innovation at scale…partner that meets your evolving needs
- Communicate – clear, open and regular communication and that includes listening.
Portfolio capabilities – learner interacts with admin, support staff, counselors, employers, advisors, classmates, teachers/faculty, parents
Core of student success mission is driving learning outcomes. Core of Blackboard portfolio is Teaching and Learning products. 2 most prevalent LMSs – Blackboard & Moodlerooms.
Embedded learning analytics, world class collaboration and mobile tools are also part of portfolio.
K12 – parental and community involvement is fundamental to drive student success.
Solution Set of student lifecycle services – Student Account Support, Helpdesk support, retention and enrollment services.
Powerful Insights – Community input, data science and empathetic research
Community of Input – that’s us 19k customers a community of practice, surveys, technical previews, customer research groups, innovative teaching series.
Data Science – John Whittmer “Dr. John” -7 tb of learning data, 1,200 institutions, 35m learners and teachers, 7m courses, 2.7billion Lms sessions – Looking at specific research questions and/or broad trends. Blackboard doesn’t own data…this is our data.
Collaborate Data – Engagement Metric (across, chat, audio, video, app share) Students can get engagement score. Session engagement timeline.
Empathetic Research – Matt Franks – We are taking a user-centered approach in designing our emergent products. Understanding what people do and why do they do it?
Activity Stream – entry point for students in Bb Student and Ultra (came from empathetic research of students.
1 Learn, 2 Experiences, 3 Deployments
Shared code, ultra and 9.1, self-hosted, managed hosted, SaaS
Roadmap – Where we are
- Quality – hundreds of bug fixes, updated tech, unified code and simplified releases
- Enhancements – CBE
- Mobile Support – Bb Student available to all customers, expired by ultra experience avialable now
What’s next with Original Experience of Learn
- Attendance Record (track attendance within learn – optional provide a grade and export)
- API Dev Portal – Restful APIs available
What’s next with Ultra Experience of Learn
- Educator Preview (preview.blackboard.com)
- updates on Ultra
- granularity of control of ultra adoption
Leave a Reply